Does someone out there know how to hack one’s twitter? Cause I forgot my password and I can’t reset it. Help, please.
7 Places I Wanna Travel Someday
What a beautiful word
What a delicate creature.
Delicate like the cruel words that flow right out of your mouths
and the food that flies right out of your hands…
Does it make you feel better?
Does it make you feel good ?
Does picking on a girl make you more of a man?
Well, I’m standing up for myself
Like I should have done before
I’m not putting up with your
“I have one thing to say to you
And I’m not referring to the bullies
Or the ones they pursue.
I’m referring to those of you that just stand by
The ones who don’t take up for those of us that cry
Those of you who just…turn a blind eye.
After all it’s not you it’s happening to
You aren’t the one being bullied
And you aren’t the one being rude
It isn’t your hand that’s throwing the food
But…it is your mouth not speaking up
It is your feet not taking a stand
It is your arm not lending a hand
It is your heart
Not giving a damn.
So take up for yourself
Take up for your friends
I challenge you to be someone
Who doesn’t give in.
Don’t give in.
Don’t let them win.”
— From Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
(I’ll let you in a secret. Butterfly in this poem was used as another term for “fuck”.)
Point of Retreat
Twenty-two hours and our war begins.
Our war of limbs
The point of retreat
Is no longer a factor
When both sides of the line
Agree to surrender
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost…
Or is it how many times you’ve won?
This game we’ve been playing for fifty-nine weeks
I’d say the score
Twenty-two hours and our war begins
Our war of limbs
The best part of finally
Not calling retreat?
The showers above us
Raining down on our feet
While the bombs are exploding and the guns fire their rounds. Before the two of us collapse to the ground. Before the battle, before the war…
You need to know
I’d go fifty-nine more.
Whatever it takes to let you win.
I’d retreat all over
and all over
7 Things I Can’t Live Without
1. Ponytail. (No, seriously. I’ll literally die without one.)
2. Mah phone. (It helps me get through each day of everyday.)
3. VCut. (One the many things I’d always choose over my siblings.)
4. Books. (Yep. In fact we have this sort of pact thing with my friends which we call “Books before Boys”. Hilarious, I know.)
5. Internet. (No questions asked.)
6. Ice Cream. (I’m a vanilla girl but I also really like the melon flavored ones.)
7. Music. (It’s the last thing I hear before I go to sleep and the first thing I hear whenever I wake up.)